The European Climate Foundation is seeking an assistant for its external relations activities reporting to the Director, External Relations. The candidate will have strong executive support experience, a good grasp of office computer functions including Word, Excel and Power Point and strong interpersonal skills.
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a collaboration of foundations, a “Foundation of Foundations”. Our founders — which include the Oak Foundation, the McCall MacBain Foundation, the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) and the Hewlett Foundation, amongst others — recognised that climate change is complex and that the challenges of climate change require broad coalitions and frameworks. Thus, they pooled resources and created a single-focus foundation to deliver higher impact by consolidating philanthropic expenditure on climate change issues.
This critical mass of resources enables strategies and campaigns that bring together stakeholders from civil society, academia, business and politics – all of which are necessary to get to scalable decarbonisation solutions. The ECF aims for Europe to become a reference point for the world in the transition to a low-carbon economy, which is essential to avoid unmanageable risks from climate change. Our goal is to support the transition of nearly all of Europe’s energy supply from carbon-intensive fuels to renewable energy sources by the year 2050 with the help of innovative energy and climate policies at the global, regional and European Union Member State levels.
PA for the Director, External Relations
The ideal candidate will have a structured personality, strong interpersonal skills, be able to work independently as well as connect within a team. They must be fluent in spoken and written English, and be fluent in at least two other European languages. The minimum requirement is at least three years’ experience as a senior level Personal Assistant, as is an understanding of protocol and management of high level personalities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Personal Assistant to the Director, External Relations
- Primary responsibilities include meeting and travel scheduling
- Maintaining the files and contacts lists in the database
- Being the diplomatic face of ECF in terms of interactions with the offices of our key partners and contacts.
2. Events & ER Team Support
- Assist Events & ER Managers with mailings of events invitations, newsletters, funder updates, annual reports etc.
- Assist with logistics as necessary for prospect dinners, seminars or similar ad hoc events throughout the year
3. Coordination with Board offices
- Be the primary contact responsible for setting dates for Board meetings, Board Committee meetings and calls (which are related to the Board dates)
- Liaise with Board PAs and with ECF colleagues internally to coordinate meeting dates
- Liaise with the Director, ER or COO to ensure all mailings to the Board are implemented in a timely manner
- Liaise with PAs to schedule individual meetings for Board members outside of the regular Board dates
Key competencies and characteristics
- Personal Assistant Degree (i.e. Schoevers), or equivalent by experience
- At least 3 years of work experience as a senior level Personal Assistant
- Structured personality
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Work independently as well as connect within a team
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Attention to detail and precision, solid work ethics concerning meeting deadlines and reliability.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English, and be fluent in at least two other European languages.
- Located in The Hague
Preferred starting date: as soon as possible.
Contract: temporary one year, with possibility to extend
Compensation: The European Climate Foundation offers a salary that is commensurate with education and experience.
Deadline for submission of your application is Friday 15 August 2014.
Candidates must be in possession of valid work permit for The Netherlands, if applicable.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and cover letter in English by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject line of the email, please put ´Recruitment – PA, External Relations´.
For more information on the ECF, please visit: www.europeanclimate.org