About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The foundation works through several sectoral, cross-cutting and regional initiatives and collaborates with a wide network of partners to advance progress towards this shared goal.
The ECF team is a highly dynamic group of individuals, combining ambition and passion with a rigorous, results-oriented and analytic approach to the work. The ECF’s culture is one of intensity, enthusiasm and mutual support.
Context of the role
The ECF International Forum for Energy (IFE) seeks to appoint a Administrative Assistant to oversee operations, funder and grantee relations, team management and programme delivery. The Admin Assistant/Intern will report to the Director(s) of IFE.
The goal of IFE is to support the work of organisations in developing strategies to secure clean energy around the world in the interests of healthy citizens and a healthy climate. The programme looks for strong, effective and inspiring plans to address the barriers to the transition in the energy sector.
Due to the continued growth and diversification of funders, grantees and the programme strategy we have reached a point where we need to increase the team to ensure we continue to deliver. Given the size of the programme we seek a candidate who can hit the ground running.
- General finance and administrative: practical and logistical support, planning and organising internal and external meetings, travel logistics, expense reimbursement and invoice processing
- Support to the team’s grant-making activities and administrative process: reviewing grantee proposals; evaluating grantee reports; managing the portfolio and budget overview via the grants management system; working with bespoke grant making and monitoring & evaluating packages.
- Support to other team activities: drafting reports, minutes, presentations and internal documents.
Experience and competencies
- We seek candidates that actively generate and implement ideas for programme improvement and offer great possibilities for professional development and an excellent work atmosphere. The ideal candidates should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes,
- relevant work experience or academic background in the fields of administration, finance
- demonstrated interest in the mission and values of ECF,
- excellent written and verbal communication skills in English + one South East Asian language preferred (Bahasa, Vietnamese, Philippino) especially useful
- ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver, to prioritize and juggle diverse tasks,
- ability to work well in a team and independently,
- proven experience in carrying out tasks autonomously and willingness to take responsibility for smaller projects,
- experience in working with NGOs,
- proven ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a wide range of people, demonstrated strengths in cross-organisation collaboration,
- ideally some work experience in an international environment,
- ideally some experience in working with grant-making and/or fundraising.
What we can offer you
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international team who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- Duration: One year
- Compensation: Competitive
South East Asia (flexible)
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to the following email address:
Please, indicate ´Administrative Assistant SEEA´ in the Subject line. Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.