About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The foundation works through several sectoral, cross-cutting and regional initiatives, and collaborates with a wide network of partners to advance progress towards this shared goal.
The ECF team is a highly dynamic group of individuals, combining ambition and passion with a rigorous, results-oriented and analytical approach to the work. The ECF’s culture is one of intensity, enthusiasm and mutual support.
About the role
As an Administrative Assistant, you will report to and provide day to day administrative support to the UK Programme Director and the Power Transition Programme Director as well as taking care of the office management tasks.
Support to the UK and Power Transition Programmes:
- Manage diaries and schedule meetings;
- Organise travel arrangements and bookings;
- Support in-house and off-site events;
- Coordinate catering and facilities set up for meetings and events;
- Handle the processing of invoices and expense reports;
- Take care of the office reception: welcome visitors, dispatch phone calls, manage incoming and outgoing post;
- Act as primary contact person for the landlord and the subtenants;
- Support celebrations;
- Order office supplies, furniture and groceries;
- Manage the office budget;
- Manage the office floor plans;
- Liaise with building management and external providers to ensure upkeep of the office;
- Understand and be able to help with the VC systems in the meetings rooms;
- Carry out a diverse set of administrative tasks.
Experience and competencies
- You have 1-2 year’s relevant experience in an administrative function;
- You have a strong interest in climate and the environment;
- You consider yourself to be a completer/finisher and you have strong attention to detail;
- You are a proactive and enthusiastic team player, but also able to work independently and to be discreet;
- You have strong problem-solving skills with a positive, can-do attitude;
- You enjoy juggling various tasks and you are able to prioritise effectively;
- You enjoy working with numbers;
- You computer literate and are at ease with the MS Office suite;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
What we can offer you
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A permanent full-time position.
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter to the following email address:
Please, indicate ´Recruitment – administrative assistant´ in the Subject line. Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.