The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The foundation works through several sectoral, cross-cutting and regional initiatives and collaborates with a wide network of partners to advance progress towards this shared goal.
The ECF team is a highly dynamic group of individuals, combining ambition and passion with a rigorous, results-oriented and analytic approach to the work. The ECF’s culture is one of intensity, enthusiasm and mutual support.
Context of the role
As Grants Administrator, you will be part of the Grants Administration team and report to the ECF Operations Manager. You will support 2-5 programmes, platforms or projects and will ensure consistency of approach and compliance with the internal processes. You will serve as the liaison between the programmatic work and the Finance department.
You will support the different programmes in their grant-making activities:
- Due diligence on new and existing grantees;
- Generate all grant requests in FLUXX, ECF’s internal grant management system;
- Monitor budget and follow-up the grant contracting stage;
- Monitor grants through review of grant reporting (financial and narrative reporting);
- Handle grant payments in close relation with the Finance department;
- Monitor grant closing activities;
- Other related administrative tasks related to the grant management process.
Skills and experience
- You have 2-3 years experience in an administrative and financial role;
- You have a genuine interest in the ECF mission and values;
- You are computer literate with good knowledge of the MS Office and excellent knowledge of Excel;
- You are comfortable working with new software;
- You have an eye for details;
- You have impeccable ethics;
- You pride yourself in delivering high quality output within ambitious time frames;
- You like to engage with various stakeholders and you have a customer-oriented approach;
- You understand the importance and value of teamwork but you are also comfortable working autonomously;
- Above all, you have a friendly and open personality.
Brussels or The Hague.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work
- A full-time position with permanent contract
As soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your CV and a short cover letter, in English to the following email address:
Please, indicate ´Recruitment – Grants Administrator´ in the Subject line. Candidates need to possess a valid work permit for the locations.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.